Tax grievance day is May 26th, 2015 from 4pm to 8pm.
2015 Fall Clean-up Days are October 3rd and 10th. Town Residents can bring anything but paint cans or hazardous materials to the old dumpster site from 7AM until 12PM.
FINAL Comprehensive Plan
Hazardous Waste Collection
Town of Mohawk Zoning Local Law
The Town of Mohawk Zoning Local Law documents are now available online. To view the zoning local law click here . Zoning map, please click this link. To view the zoning schedule click this link.
SEQR - here is the link to the SEQR form
Town of Mohawk Voucher
Here is the voucher for billing the Town of Mohawk.
Board Meeting Schedules
If you would like information on when board meetings are held, please go to the top menu and the individual board tab to get that information. The Town Board meetings are held every second Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM at Town of Mohawk Town Hall, located at 2-4 Park Street, Fonda, N.Y. 12068
- Can I burn outside?
- Where can I get a dog, hunting, fishing or marriage license?
- Do I need a building permit?
- How do I obtain a death certificate?
- I have a complaint, who do I contact?
- How do I get information on garbage permits and recycling?
- Please refer to the New York State laws regarding open fires by clicking here.
- You can obtain these licenses and additional information from the Town Clerk.
- You need a building permit when replacing a roof, erecting a fence, putting additions on your home, adding additional structures to your property and installing septic systems. You do not require a building permit for home interior improvements. A building permit can be obtained through the Building and Code Enforcement Officer through the Town Clerk's office.
- Death certificates are obtained and filed through the Town Clerk.
- Issues regarding road repairs or snow removal should be directed to the Highway Superintendent. Boundary disputes should be directed to the Zoning Enforcement Officer. Complaints or concerns regarding dogs should be directed to the Dog Control Officer.
- Garbage permits and recycling information can be obtained through the Town Clerk.